To celebrate Bastille Day, a restaurant in Washington, D.C. is having a baguette relay race. I remember a traditional waiter’s race in Annapolis – the waiters speed walk holding a tray of drinks (wine?); I wonder if they still do. I’ll be looking for some crepes today, to eat while re-reading some of my favorite French books (not in French, of course).
- Lunch in Paris by Elizabeth Bard
- The Paris Wife by Paula McClain
- Chasing Cezanne by Peter Mayle
- Chocolat by Joanne Harris
- Paris to the Moon by Adam Gopnick
- My Life in France by Julia Child