“Making suggestions for your book club can be gratifying — or terrifying. If everyone loves the book, you’re a hero. On the other hand, if your pick is a turkey, it takes a while to live it down…people who join book clubs usually do like to read, and they are always looking for that perfect book that will please everyone…” from Lynn Neary for NPR
Lynn Neary covers All Things Books for National Public Radio and suggests five “conversation starters” for this year:
- State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
- Caleb’s Crossing by Geraldine Brooks
- The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes
- We The Animals by Justin Torres
- The Sojourn by Andrew Krivak
Another group is reading Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?