- Where can we find the escalator if we don’t want to hike up the trail?
- Are the fish in the ocean real?
- Can you direct me to Wal-Mart?
- Aren’t there coupons for that?
- Is there a bridge from here to the active volcano? (over 173 miles of open ocean)?
If they’ve heard about an elusive site that they think only insiders know about – chances are pretty good that you couldn’t pay the locals to go there. But vacationers often want to spread their wealth and sometimes test their fitness – insisting on a secret find that they’ve googled. The assertive visitor will usually ignore any advice and look for the kitsch or the slippery rocks – and then complain.