Mystery books at Christmas should be fun and clever – a little salty with the sweet – and not too gory. I’m reading David Morrell’s The Spy Who Came for Christmas – a quick read set in Santa Fe on Christmas Eve, with the Russian mafia in hot pursuit of Agent Paul Kagan.
Other paperback mysteries with the Christmas theme –
- All Through the Night by Mary Higgins Clark
- I Am Half-Sick of Shadows by Alan Bradley
- Hercule Poirit’s Christmas by Agatha Christie
- Gingerbread Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke
- The Christmas Night Murder by Lee Harris
- A Holly Jolly Murder by Joan Hess
Try them for a quick diversion from shopping and baking, or as a gift to your favorite crime-solving addict.