Since one of my book clubs is meeting to dissect Steinbeck’s Sweet Thursday, I wondered what an appropriate sweet snack might be to motivate the discussion.
Ideas from the pages:
- The Seer gets arrested when he escalates from stealing one Baby Ruth or Mounds candy bar to three from the Safeway;
- Elegant Joe bakes a cake with marshmallow topping;
- Doc sprinkles chocolate over sausages.
Took the easy way – Baby Ruths and Mounds but decided to play it safe and buy them.
- Revisiting Steinbeck and Sweet Thursday (nochargebookbunch.com)
- Recipe for chocolate apricot almond “sausages”